Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Gertenfarken Hookentaaaaalen

The past two days I have worked at a place that is nearly 75% Icelandic.

Don't ask.

In any case, I was informed that my primary responsibilities would be to check identification and verify some information telephonically, and it would be very easy. I thought - yeah, I know...thinking again - but I thought the names would be similar to Norwegian or Swedish. Carlson, Petterson, and the occasional Bjorg.

Nuh ah. Did I say nuh ah? I meant, nuh-fuckin'-ah.

The first telephone call I had was from a woman named, and I swear to God on this, Ernlaschmelken Ragmaarsdottian. I know this because I asked her to spell it, and I wrote it down as she told me. Can you imagine writting out a personal check from one person to another? They must use those oversized things you see on TV when someone wins $5 million from Ed McMahan. I can see it now. Everybody in Iceland carrying around what looks like poster board, and it's actually their checkbooks.

And what's with all the A's? Ingmaaarsonjanglinhoosen Maaartinbolinjaaacken. Okay, okay, we get it. You want the "ahh" sound. One 'a' should be sufficient. You don't need 13 consecutively, though.

And so, that's it. My blog for today. This is Jyaaalfourtislaaaken, signing off.

2 comments:

leelee said...

lol..

Karen said...

I second that!