Sunday, December 07, 2008

The 28 Days of Christmas

We're not quite halfway through the 28 days of Christmas, for which I intend the 28th day to be December 24th, Christmas Eve. I think Christmas Eve is the early extension of Christmas Day, and therefore part and parcel the same thing.

I have hoped to bring forth some music not normally heard on the radio...and I think I've done quite nicely so far. While mixing in the modern rock sounds of Christian music's "Third Day", I have found a healthy mix of old-time music sung by its masters as well as by some artists you had no idea sung these songs; Sarah McLaughlin, The Beatles, and U2 spring to mind. Who knew the Beatles sang "White Christmas"?

It's always a good idea to add some humor to the affair, as evidenced by the video clips from "Christmas Vacation" and the audio nightmare of the poor bastard butchering "O Holy Night" (sorry Karen...I love that song too). Stay tuned for more from artists such as Stevie Nicks, Bob Seger, and some others who may surprise you.

Hope you like, and Merry Christmas, peace, love, and fellowship to all.

-JL4

2 comments:

leelee said...

I for one, am enjoying your Christmas offerings. Thanks for taking the time to share them.

Anonymous said...

I had a dream about you last night 12/07/2016...I woke up in tears. Miss you my friend..miss you a lot.