Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Keys to success

In my opinion, there are 5 keys to success, whether that be as a parent, a supervisor, a neighbor, or just a regular Jane or Joe on the street.

1. Never ask anyone to do anything you wouldn't do yourself.

2. Lend physical assistance where possible, and moral support at all times. Criticize sparingly, and never let your praise pouch become empty.

3. Ask much more of yourself than you ever would another person. If your individual standards are low, how can you expect anyone around you to rise higher?

4. Give a shit.

5. Recognize there are people smarter, faster, wealthier, and better than you are. There are also those beneath you, in the same categories. In any case, just don't be an asshole about either of them.

That's it. Work your own magic on these 5, and the rest is Banana Bread.

4 comments:

leelee said...

1. Never ask anyone to do anything you wouldn't do yourself.

Does plumbing count? 'cause I can do a lot of things, but I can't do that....and I've tried...not a pretty sight!

leelee said...

and you think I should plumb???

Mayden' s Voyage said...

I really liked this- esp 2 and 3. (although all are true!)

"Never let your praise pouch become empty"-

I need to work on that one~

Mayden' s Voyage said...

Leelee- I think there's a difference between "wouldn't do" and "Can't do" :) Both plumbing and brain surgery are best left to the professionals!
:)