Sunday, January 27, 2008

Faakken Notebook

I was forced to change professions recently, and in doing so, I had to jump into the deep and foreboding waters of technolia. Technolia lies just northeast of confusionville, hard along the eastern border of exhasperton. After an extensive research and fact-finding tour of Office-Fax, Circle-City, Orafice Depot, and Bestest-Buy, not to mention hours of "giggling" manufacturers sites, I finally settled upon and purchased a German-made laptop, the Faakken 203B.

I decided to go with the Faakken computer because it had 13 gigabooms of LAM and over 250 bites of HAM. Both my physical search and my "giggle" search said the best laptop maker in the world today was Faakken Technologies.

Being new to the laptop world, I was pleased to know everyone thought the Faakken computer had the best reliability, service, and even had a Faakken website. I wanted to be able to be online in my Faakken laptop, because my kids are always on the main computer in the house. So I had to buy what they call a "router" (pronounced Row-ter), which I always thought was a roo-ter, as in Roote 66. So off I went in search of my rowter-rooter, and Radio Shack is where I ended up. As it turns out, they make a Faakken router, and since I had a Faakken laptop, it made sense to buy a Faakken router to compliment it.

The Faakken box said the instructions were simple to follow and understand, which usually means you need a PHD in Mechanical Engineering from M.I.T. to understand - but - much to my surprise, the Faakken instructions for the Faakken router where exactly as advertised. All I had to do was place the Faakken disk into my Dell PC, and then follow the prompts for installing the Faakken router.

20 minutes later, and here I am in my bedroom, typing on my Faakken laptop courtesy of the Faakken technologies router. This is so cool, my lips have just crystallized and fallen in a million pieces onto the keyboard of my Faakken laptop.

And so out there, this marks the first post I have made from my Faakken laptop. Now back to the golf tournament on the tube.

Peace

No comments: