Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Magic

Little Boy [Lying in bed]: Dad, some kids at school told me Santa wasn’t real. Is that true?

Father: I don’t think it is, do you?

Little boy: I think he’s real, but sometimes I wonder. How does he get in when we don’t have a chimney? And how does he get all around the world in one night when it takes us 2 hours to drive to Grandma’s? And one bag carries all those toys? It doesn’t make sense to me.

Father: It’s magic, I think. I don’t really know for sure, but I suspect his sleigh is very fast and he can do things normal people can’t.

Little boy: He’s pretty special, isn’t he?

Father: Yes he is. He works all year long to prepare for this one night when he tries to make children all over the world happy.


Little boy: He makes me happy, and he teaches me lessons too.

Father: Santa teaches you lessons?

Little boy: Sure. He goes to all the children, not just some of them. And he goes to places where they are shooting and hurting people and he’s not scared. He’s strong and always wants to do what is right. He loves his children and always makes them do the right thing - that’s why he has his list. The only thing that scares me is I want Santa to live forever, but I don’t know if he can.

Father: When did I miss the moment you suddenly grew up and got so smart?

Little boy: I don’t know, Dad. I’ve always been smart, I guess.

Father: I suppose so. Ok, you have a big day tomorrow. Get some sleep. Goodnight…I love you.

Little boy: I love you too. [Whispering to himself] Santa

3 comments:

leelee said...

I'm sure you have already seen it..but if you haven't...watch The Polar Express with a small person. I had the opportunity to watch it over the weekend with a 6 year old..and it was WONDERFUL...there is nothing like Christmas, through a child's eyes...

JL4 said...

Actually I watched that last year by myself...not surprising at all when you factor in I stopped maturing about 43 years ago

leelee said...

lol...good for you!!!