Thursday, July 19, 2007

On the wings of hope

Today is tomorrow, which is yesterday's the day after tomorrow, or tomorrow's yesterday in Iraq and Kuwait.

"M", the topic of many a blog in the past few months, boarded a plane bound for Kuwait this morning in Iraq - which was yesterday's...ahhh, you get the idea.

Right now he should be in the air to West Germany, soon to be in NYC. He promised me a phone call upon arrival, but I told him to spend his cell minutes with the wife and kids, and call me whenever the family is tired of his hugs and kisses. I would expect that will be a long time from now.

Is this blog open again? I don't know about the future, but it is for this one celebratory moment. Another stud has come through for you and I...driven by the simple dedication to an ideal that far too many take for granted or cannot even sniff the meaning of.

Let the freedom bells ring long and loud. I want everyone to hear them.

Peace.

3 comments:

leelee said...

Oh...this is truly wonderful wonderful news. I was praying that M would be home soon and in the arms of his family and friends.

Please share with him, that this proud American blogger for one, truly appreciates his selfless actions and are thankful today that prayers have been answered.

Thank you for the update.

Mayden' s Voyage said...

Thank you for letting us know- I am thrilled for M and his family.
I can not imagine what it will feel like for him to be in the arms of his loved ones again- must be one of the most awesome feelings in the world.

Yeahhhhh! Bless him, and bless you for sharing him with us.
Thank you~

Karen said...

Welcome back, even if only temporarily. I hope you'll stick around.