Sunday, August 26, 2007

Un

When love and reality crash into each other, where do the broken pieces fall to the earth?
What do you do when time passes so swiftly, it forgets that you were a passenger?

As evil as hate is, can it be healthy to simply not like? If the worst thing in life is to be let down by someone, is the best thing in life forgiveness for the same?

I saw a group carrying signs, “impeach” and “start over”. Were they saying they could do better, or simply unhappy in knowing they themselves could not?

Your team lost, then went home. Your team lost, and you moped about for 3 hours. Tell me again; who lost?

An old, filthy dirty man, smelling of a mixture of booze, cigs, and body odors asked me for a bit of spare change. I emptied my car of it. Will he buy more liquor and tobacco? I hope so, for his sake.

The dog stared at me today with a look of confusion and sadness. He knows in his mind he’s leaving soon, and he probably longs again for the days when he could run like the wind with me chasing him. Yeah. So do I.

The mornings come too fast and the evenings seem too short. Life is about repetition and the occasional break away from it. We never seem to break enough, do we?

I think we need Billy Graham’s face showing up on a corn flake, don’t you? I know I check my raisin brand every day for a sign that tells me it’s about more than 0% interest rates, self cooling beer cans, and cavemen selling insurance.

It is…isn’t it?

3 comments:

leelee said...

you know it is jl4...look into the faces of your children..your grandchild..every day is a chance to make a difference in your own life..and in the lives of others.

Life is going by fast..it IS to short..even more of a reason to make each day count..even if you don't feel like it that day.

I'm enjoying your musings today...

leelee said...

this especially:

When love and reality crash into each other, where do the broken pieces fall to the earth?

Scary Monster said...

You be askin fer too much, kind sir.
You want people to return to human values that depend on being hard on themselves yet empathetic to others.

You are askin fer folks to define themselves, not by the material goods they collect, but rather by the methods they use to aquire them.

You seek to return to a time that be far in the past. A time when pride and honour counted more than titles; where truth and honesty were more than words, they were attributes.

You desire that people should work together to achieve greatness rather than belittle and demean and achieve something distinctly less than mediocrity.

You ask for way too much.

Me hopes that you get what you ask for.

stomp.