Monday, November 26, 2007

Can we please stop the nonsense?

Original poetry, by JL4


'Twas the night after Thankgsgiving,
correct...I said night.
They lined up at K-Mart,
so dreadful this sight.

Best Buy, Circuit City,
Target and Toy's.
These brain dead consumers,
both girls and boys.

They wanted their TV's,
and monitors and stuff.
They wanted their Digmons,
and all sorts of fluff.

The shops they had promised,
at the top of their voice.
HD's for two hundred,
can you pass such a choice?

What they didn't let on,
and they swore not to tell.
Was the laptop's were all sold,
at the opening bell.

What they wanted you see,
was to get you to buy.
The five-fifty model,
which they had plenty inside.

And the brain dead retarded,
they came in great droves.
To look at refrigerators,
microwaves and stoves.

'Such a great deal',
they said on the news.
I'll just sleep in a tent,
how can I lose?

The temperatures dropped,
below zero, you know.
Some tents they flopped,
under inches of snow.

Thousands they rushed,
on into the store.
Their collective I.Q.,
a hundred and four.

When finally inside,
they started to run.
The old lady they trampled,
was missing the fun.

On X-box, On Wii,
on Playstation glory.
'The lady's still bleeding'?
Oh, I'll bet that looks gory.

They pushed and they pulled,
they screamed at each other.
'I was here first',
and 'so was your mother'.

The owners they smiled,
cuz they were so smart.
The registers rang,
thanks for shopping Wal-Mart!!

And I in my bed,
all snuggled and warm.
Was wondering in my head,
where the dorks had all gone?

As they drove home at dawn,
some were heard with aplomb.
Let's do it again,
cuz black friday's da bomb.

3 comments:

leelee said...

oh OH, you should copyright that jl4...great..really great!!

Karen said...

Help yourself to the "One word meme." I borrowed it from here
http://blackbird17.blogspot.com/2007/06/one-word-meme.html

As for Veteran's Day...I so honor all the men and women who fight for what most Americans take for granted, I thank them (you) when I can.

Love the poem! Copyright - great idea.

JL4 said...

Karen - Thank you