Thursday, January 26, 2006

Blogging for Donuts

Several years ago, the Krispy Kreme donuts stock split, and a whole lotta people became millionaires. Coincidentally, around the same time so did my pants.

Split that is. My trousers didn't become rich.

Today a friend of mine told me I should blog, and I guess that's why I'm here...to blog. You'll find when you read my stuff (that would be the 10 loneliest souls in America who have nothing better to do than read some inane crap a total stranger writes), I use the ... 3-dot thing a lot. Why I don't know. Gramatically, I couldn't tell you the first thing about what it means. I guess for me it's just a way of expressing the way I pause for thought or effect. In most cases it will be for effect, because true thought rarely enters my head.

Was I talking about Krispy Kreme's? Gee, I've already had that train of lucidness derailed. In any case, I was pondering the state of my belly about a year ago...mostly to see if there was some sort of county annexation rule whereby they could take part ownership of my dubious spread where I could in turn use that to save money on my taxes, all the while renting out my stomach for church picnics and boy scout adventure hikes to make sure the massive expansion of flesh was used for something productive in society. As it turns out, the county never annexed it and I never got enough interest from non-profit organizations, so I just decided to take the weight off.

Besides, if I didn't stop gaining weight I was going to have to start shopping at WalMart or get a job as a fast food drive-thru clerk.

Goodness. I suddenly have an urge for a jelly-filled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The world is just not the same without you here. I miss you!

JL1 said...

I still miss you Bri. A year later, and I'm brought to tears when I come to your blog. Moving on with life is hard, but remaining stagnant is not an option. I am happy most of the time, and I hope you approve of what I'm doing with my life, following dreams, and moving forward. I will never forget you, or our great love.
JML