Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Rocket Trip

I've been thinking a lot about that rocket trip to another galaxy, and I've decided it has to be one-way. Once I leave, there is no way I'm coming back. I decided there were probably a few essentials that would be needed on the voyage, and for your edification, I've listed them below:

Cuisine:

A lifetime supply of Pepperidge Farm cheddar cheese goldfish.
A lifetime supply of Snyders pretzel rods

A man has to eat to survive, you know.

DVD's

"Faith Rewarded"...the story of the 2004 Boston Red Sox.
"Saving Private Ryan" and "Band of Brothers". Two nice reminders of a time where not only the men were brave, but the country was as well.
"The Dukes of Hazzard" with Jessica Simpson. What? When this movie didn't win "Best Cinematography" I knew the Oscar's were fixed.
"Home movies" of my kid's birthday parties. As much as we bore our friends with these, they're only special to us. By the way, that was a hint. Stop making me watch your kid's home movies, and if you're a fellow employee, stop sending me e-mail photo's of your little darling. Really.

Cd's

"Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" by Elton John
"Who's Next" by The Who
"Frampton Comes Alive" by Peter Frampton when he had hair
"One more for/from the Road" by Lynard Skynard
Some compilation CD's with songs from the 50's and 60's.


Visual

Pictures of my kids and family
A live feed to ESPN and ESPN2

That's about it. I just need to come up with $20 Million so I can do this. In pondering this adventure, I've discovered what a simple, uncomplicated man I really am. I've also come to realize all the ancillary crud we are exposed to on a daily basis does absolutely nothing to enhance my life one bit.

And yes, I'm talking to you, Sean Hannity.

3 comments:

Chriswab said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

I think you should consider bringing Meatloaf's "Bat Outta Hell" with you...in case you need to REALLY rock out at any point.

Mayden' s Voyage said...

I'm afraid I'd be just like the princess in Space Balls...
I'd want to take so much crap I might as well stay home! :)