Sunday, May 03, 2009

"Milk" et al

I rented and saw the movie "Milk" about the rise of gay activist and politician Harvey Milk in San Francisco, and I thought to myself, "Wow. A gay man rising to political fame and power in San Francisco. Whoda thunk it possible? What a powerful story!"

Then I did some research on my world-wide internetting machine and found another interesting story that I thought should be made into a T.V. movie, at the very least a Lifetime movie staring John Stamos and co-starring Christie McNichol:

"Hamilton"

It's the implausible story of Ward Hamiltion III, a white man trying and succeeding in the complex world of politics that is impoverished - and 97% African-American - Aspen Colorado.
He soon becomes the mayor, championing such fantastic causes as "ASPRM", the American Society for the Protection of Runway Models, and "KSSFCF", Keep the Ski Slopes for the Caucausian Folk. This inspirational story - carved out of the burrows and bowery's of Southhampton, Long Island - will thrill and inspire tens of thousands of non-minority children attempting to live on less than $1.6 M dollars a year to reach out, find their inner strength, and to achieve what was otherwise thought to be unachievable: a quality life with limited maid and butler service.

As I type this, tears are forming in my eyes now. God Bless Harvey Milk and Ward Hamilton. Without their sacrifices to overcome incredibly long odds, there would be no good bath houses on the Northern California coast, and nothing but cheap $550 a night hotels in the ghetto-ized mean streets of Aspen.

I'm sorry. I have to stop typing now, the saline is screwing up my keyboard.

Authors Note: Harvey Milk is veru real,but the character "Ward Hamilton III" is completely ficticious, and if you Googled him, thinking he waz real, you're a douche-bag, and you deserve your shame and embarrassmennt for being so stupid.

No comments: