Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Letters from there...

E-mail from Iraq:

Mr B,

Sorry I haven't written, I am at Camp Slayer still, and life is good. Minus the dirt and the sound effects from the city, where I am living is very much like Camp Humphreys in Korea. I live in kind of a tiny bungalow with one roomate - I have my own side though. It's a typical dusty, musky, crappy room, but it's out of the elements and beats a tent. Everything is within a few minutes' walk, to include chow hall, internet/phone cafe, mini PX/BX, barber shop; shit I even have my own GMC 4x4 pickup, and can take a 10 minute drive to Camp Liberty or Victory and go to those PX's which are huge. Of course, taking road trips can be a little dangerous. Okay, a LOT dangerous. I get to call my wife and kids about once a week, so life is very good for me...went to Taji yesturday, did a site survey, 12 hour trip all together..and every bit of travel that we do is via Blackhawk, and they only fly during the night. Flying during the daytime is more dangerous than driving, as I've already explained. I have inclosed a pic... a panoramic of Camp Slayer......81 days and counting...

M

I love M...81 days



Peace.

No comments: