Thursday, September 13, 2007

Cynicism....Who? Me?

cyn·i·cism (sĭn'ĭ-sĭz'əm) n.
An attitude of scornful or jaded negativity, especially a general distrust of the integrity or professed motives of others



HOUSTON — A man condemned for killing and beheading his common-law wife's three children had his conviction overturned Wednesday by a divided Texas Court of Criminal Appeals. The wife, also a suspect, gave conflicting testimony, so the case was thrown out.

SPARTANBURG, SC. - A dispute between a husband and his estranged wife Monday ended with both dead and their 11-month-old child injured, authorities said. The infant had been shot through the leg during the struggle.

LYNWOOD, California (AP) -- Nicole Richie was released from jail Thursday, just 82 minutes into a 4-day sentence, after the pregnant TV reality star checked in for a four day sentence for driving under the influence of drugs.

WASHINGTON, (AP) - Moveon.org runs full page advertisement in the New York Times, calling General Petraeus, General Betray-Us.

ROTHLEY, ENG - McCann parents wait to see if they face charges
Prosecutors to get documents on 4-year-old girl’s disappearance Tuesday

STRATHAM, N.H. - A man arrested for allegedly driving drunk is fighting to get his license back, saying his breath test was flawed because he was burping at the time.

BIG CREEK, WV- No federal hate crime charges in torture case
Woman held, abused for a week was not a random target, prosecutor says.













For the life of me, I can't see where I get my cynicism from.

7 comments:

leelee said...

I said your previous post was a TAD cynical.

If you let all that stuff run your life..might as well, just check out...

STOP READING THE NEGATIVE!! It's not good for you. But you know who loves it? THE MONSTER!!

Your friend,

Pollyanna

JL4 said...

Just giving another perspective, dear

leelee said...

point taken..there is certainly enough out there to reference..

Have a nice day :-)

JL4 said...

I have to be honest though...when I first saw those six pictures, I was thinking to myself:

"Hey self...do you think they mistook the class pictures from the Princeton Medical Program by mistake?"

I mean, those six people look nice enough to me.

leelee said...

LOL...I can see where you might have gotten that impression..

well as I always like to say...you can't judge a book by its cover...

wait..on second thought..perhaps you can...

Sean said...

if you didn't occasionally post the family posts, that show that there's balance, i'd probably be more worried as well...

JL4 said...

I'm kind of a sheep in wolves clothing.

And I'm ok with that