Thursday, September 06, 2007

Last Friday, Aug 30th, about 3:40 PM

I'm seconds from changing out of the show-yer-butt gowns that are all the rage in hospitals, dahhhling, into my regular clothes to be discharged, and a new nurse walks in the door. Neither she nor I had met before. In a friendly and competent manner, she said to me, "Hi. I'm Jennifer your nurse. Have you had a bowel movement today?"

I responded, "Hiiiiii. Is that the way you usually break the ice?" "Or is that some sort of weird pick-up line? If it is, it needs some tweaking."

Now look, she seemed sweet enough, but lordy, lordy.

"Hi, I'm Jennifer - your nurse."

"How are you feeling?"

"Can I get you something?"

"Oh, by the way, I need to know if your bathroom habits are normal."

Anything...anything...except allowing the first question off your lips to be about "The Deuce".

Just another helpful tip for those willing and wanting to pay attention to life's little details.

1 comment:

Scary Monster said...

This just get me thinking that nurses are the same all over the world, except Hollywood.

How loudly did yer nurse ask the question? Cuz when it happened to me; I could've sworn she were using a bull horn.

Feel better and Stay Stompy.