Sunday, April 06, 2008

The 80's aren't TOTALLY filled with bad music...just mostly.




Sooooooo,
She says it's time she goes
but wanted to be sure I know
she hopes we can be friends.

IIIIII think, yeah, I guess we can say I,
but didn't think to ask her why
she blocked her eyes and drew the curtains,
with knots I've got yet to untie

What if I were Romeo in black jeans?
What if I was Heathcliff, it's no myth?
Maybe she's just looking for
someone to dance with
Seeeeee,

It was just too soon to tell
and looking for some parallel
can be an endless game.

Weeeee,
We said goodbye before hello
my secrets she will never know
and if I dig a hole to China...
I'll catch the first junk to Soho

What if I were Romeo in black jeans?
What if I was Heathcliff, it's no myth?
Maybe she's just looking for
someone to dance with.

Sometime from now you'll bow to pressure,
some things in life you cannot measure by degrees
I'm between the poles and the equator
don't send no private investigator to find me please
'less he speaks Chinese
and can dance like Astaire overseas...

Ohhhhhkay.

What if I was...?
Say, what IIII was?
Maybe she's just looking for someone to dance with?

What if I was Romeo in black jeans
what if I was Heathcliff, it's no myth
Maybe she's just looking for
someone to dance with.


6 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! That was fun! I haven't heard that song in a long time.

JL4 said...

Great stuff, isn't it?

Sean said...

this has always been one of my favorite songs. so much so that around '95 when it was "out of print" here in the states, I had a friend in australia dub me a copy and mail it to me. no idea where she is nowadays, but the tape is at home. i don't think i'd ever seen the video before. thanks!

once upon a time while working in clothing retail, this was on a couple of the loop tapes we were able to play. every night i was sure to hear it two or three times.

leelee said...

Holy Moly Sean! I cannot tell you how good it is to see your comment! Hoping as always all is well. HUGS!

jl4 - This is a fun song...for sure, but I don't have an memories of hearing in the 80's . I just looked it up and it came out in 1989..Now I know why..I was busy with a new baby..I don't think I was listening to the radio much..and more useless trivia..(thank you wikipedia) Michael Penn is Sean Penns Bro.."I did not know that (ala Johnny Carson)"


:-)

JL4 said...

Sean.

How goes it, man? Staying safe and low, I see?

A lotta folks would like to hear from you...the typical cast of characters I know. It wouldn't hurt to give them a shout out.

Chin up -- head down. You know the deal.

Law Girl said...

Not to rob the comments...but...glad to know your alive Sean!!!