Thursday, April 10, 2008

Even newer twist...

Of course...once again straight from the disheveled mind of JL4, without assistance. Open to all.





1) I am framed in front by large Greek-style columns, and you can see me seated behind them. Who am I?


2) I was once considered "the most trusted man in America". Who am I?

3. I am the largest monument in the world, but I am incomplete. Who am I?

4. My constant companions live their lives in terms of "21". "21" steps..."21" seconds, etc. Who am I?

5. My flip side would have you buffaloed. Who am I?

6. I have 26 rings, and even more flags and banners. Who am I?

7. I once said, "I am older than most, and slightly older than my teeth". Who am I?

8. I believe that every good boy deserves a favor. Who am I?

9. I was declared by a newspaper to be the loser, when actually I was the winner. Who am I?

10. I change when I'm blue, excited, angry, or mellow. Who am I?

11. I once said, "I never met a man I didn't like." However, he never had to meet Barry Bonds. Who am I?

12. I said, "These are the times that try men's souls". Who am I?

13. I'm taller than anything else in the United States, and I'm not a building. Who am I?

14. "Is this heaven?" "No...It's Iowa." Who are the two people talking?


15. "He's not dead-dead...he's just almost-dead. Only one thing you can do if he's dead-dead." "What's that?" "Check his pocket's for loose change." Who are THESE two talking?

16. I sang the song, "Two outta three ain't bad" Who am I?

17. I was a famous WWII Air Corps fighter, who gave his life by luring the enemy planes away from my comrades, allowing them to escape...while I was never found. They named a Huuuuuuge airport after me. Last name is sufficient...who am I?

18. I am semi-circular in appearance, and I'm situated on the lawn of the part of Washington DC known as "The Mall". My designer was a talented Vietnamese artist. Who am I?

19. I am the true life story of a major U.S. ship that was sunk by the Japanese, and immortalized in the movie "Jaws" in a story of sharks eating live human beings floating in the Pacific. Which boat am I?

20. I was built in France, yet assembled here. Who am I?

18 comments:

leelee said...

yikes.. I know a few of these off the bat but have no time..

1. Lincoln Monument

5. Buffalo nickel

8. Moody Blues

20. Statue Of Liberty.

ok back to work

Karen said...

I only know a few but here they are:
2. Walter Cronkite
11. Will Rogers
13. Mt McKinley
16. Meatloaf

Good thing I DON'T work or I'd get fired for spending so much time here.

JL4 said...

Lee Lee. Moody Blues? Ummm, no. The rest are correct.

Karen...you're always welcome. If you're enjoying this, it's all good

JL4 said...

ok...1,2,5,8,11,13,16 & 20 ARE CORRECT.

LEAVING:

3,4,6,7,9,10,12,14,15,17,18, AND 19.

JL4 said...

oH...AND #8 IS INCORRECT....IT WAS A MOODY BLUES ALBUM, BUT NOT THE ANSWE

leelee said...

ok...thought it was a trick question.

JL4 said...

Hint:

#3 won't be complete for an estimated 50 - 70 years.

#6 I personally hate

#7 goes by many names in many languages

That's enough hints for now

leelee said...

#6 - Yankees? and if so...really? 26?

JL4 said...

#6 is the Yankees...yup. 26

leelee said...

7. This one has been on the tip of my tongue which is the word that should be in the quote "As old as my tongue and slightly older than my teeth"...Kris Kringle

danke Sinter Klaas

leelee said...

ok..really...back to work.

JL4 said...

Kris Kringle...Santa Claus...yes!!!

JL4 said...

No one gets the "21" question?

Hellooooooo!!! Who wrote the question? JL4

Think...think....my CONSTANT companions LIVE their lives by the number "21".

"21" steps

"21" seconds.

C'mon....I can't give it to you!!!

leelee said...

thinking aloud here...21 gun salute...it's a military reference because "who wrote the question????"

I'll have to go ahead with soldiers..and thats my final answer

JL4 said...

Correct...correct...correct.

BUT...

Still INcorrect

Law Girl said...

I'm comming back to this one after I've had another cup of coffee. Yes. It's 6:30 at night and I'm still drinking coffee. That is my day.

leelee said...

D'ohhhhhhhh

Law Girl said...

Ok...here's my shot:

3. Crazy Horse, although they just got more funding, so I think it's closer to 20 years out right now.
4. Arlington National Cemetery...easy
6. I'm guessing here...the UN?
7. I have no idea.
8. Actually, this may be the Moody Blues, but it's actually a neumonic for remembering notes on the cleff.
9. This one is too broad. Benjamin Harrison for one. I believe there was at least one paper that declaired Gore the winner. And I'm pretty sure that at some point the Times ran that we had already won the war.
10. A mood ring.
12. No idea.
14. Don't know the names, but it's from "Field of Dreams"
15. Billy Crystal and Carol Kane in Princess Bride. Seriously...This one is too easy.
But that's about all I know right now.