Monday, March 10, 2008

Ever done this?

Question of the day:

"Ever dump on a friend?"

Seriously. Ever thrown a real friend under the bus? I never have. EVER. Have I angered friends, pissed off friends, ended friendships? Of course.
But intentionally...deliberately...quantifiably...maliciously...tossed a true friend into the pit with the Lions?

I wouldn't even know how. Wait...strike that last comment. I actually would know how, because I've seen it done, as well as had it done to me.

As recently as today.

A friend...a co-worker...a confidant on the highest order...someone I had personally seen to it that they received extra bonus money; extra praise heaped upon them by upper management; even an extra promotion that they probably didn't deserve...

Dumped on me.

Spit on me.

Let me down.

Abandoned and forgot about everything done for them - by me.

For no reason other than to do it.

Without provocation or excuse.

In a public setting, no less.

And to top it off...the information forwarded for all to hear was total bullshit.

We live in a sad, sad, sad, sad, world. Respect, loyalty, and personal accountability are just words on a poster on the HR office walls. They're neither adhered to or believed, therefore we live in a sad, sad, sad, world.

And today...I'm the king of the sad people. Tomorrow, it'll all be yesterday's news and not worth two lines in a paragraph. But today, sadness and betrayal get top billing.

That's why anyone outside of the blog world who knows me....knows I have 3, perhaps 4...friends. I'm leery of forming any, because as of tonight, I'm down 1.

Again.

2 comments:

leelee said...

I'm really sorry...that sucks...it does..

But remember...what goes around comes around..and karma finds it's way. Not to wish anyone ill...but it does seem to come round again.

Obviously that person wasn't a true friend afterall..real friends don't do that to one another..they just don't.

:-(

HUGS!!

JL4 said...

Nope...they don't. Not TRUE friends.

That's why I'm cautious...not cautious enough in this particular case.

Sad.