Friday, May 30, 2008

R-E-S-P-E-C-T, tell you what it means to me.

1) Marginally talented actress and noted NYC police force hating Susan Sarandon said today that she will move to Canada or Italy if Senator John McCain is elected to the presidency. http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1408445.php/Susan_Sarandons_Canada_vow

Has anyone asked the Canadians or Italians how THEY feel about that?

2) Speaking of Senator McCain...if you've read my blog for any length of time, you know that I always refer to political figures respectfully by using their title: President Bush...Former President Clinton...Senator Clinton, etc. It's something my parents once taught me, a concept known as RESPECT. My children are corrected every time they too slip into modern American verbiage and say "Bush" instead of President Bush, and so on and so forth. I hope I am not the only person who has noticed how the candidates speak, but in case you haven't, let me enlighten you:
Senators McCain and Clinton nearly always use the proper terminology when addressing their opponents or the current president. Senator Obama rarely - if ever - does so. When he speaks, it is Bush, Clinton, or McCain coming out of his mouth, with no statement or acknowledgement of position within our government. Am I saying I think Senator Obama's mom should be taking him over her knee and slapping his ass several times?

Yeah....I guess I am.

3) I keep hearing about the sect in San Angelo Texas, and how they were done wrong because they broke no laws and were just innocently minding their own business. Really? An adult having sex with a minor is legal in Texas? Who knew? I can see the caravan of pedophiles going across Interstate 10 from both directions as we speak.

4) I have nothing else to say. The stupidity of the people of this country...MY country...is astounding. Say goodnight, Dick.

Goodnight, Dick.

4 comments:

leelee said...

70% stupidity rate..and climbing I fear!

JL4 said...

the 70%-ers

leelee said...

yep..the 70%-ers..

{{{{{{{{{{{shutter}}}}}}}}

Karen said...

This in itself may be enough for me to vote for Senator McCain. And my children are required to call ALL adults by their title and last name. Unless it's a VERY CLOSE family friend and they've been INVITED to use first names.