Saturday, May 17, 2008

To Blog or Not

Often times I agonize over the decision on what to blog about. Admitedly, I have hardly anyone who reads my garbage, but the topic of discussion can sometimes draw people to your blog for a one-time look and potential blast at what I say.

Several years ago, I took a direct shot at Mary Tillman....mother of former NFL star/US Army Ranger who was killed by friendly fire in Afghanistan. I felt Mrs. Tillman had taken her grief too far and too publicly, and well....there were many who disagreed with me, and I was sorry I had brought up my point of view.

Now I'm faced with it again.

Here is the story: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl-locgirldead1708may17,0,3345936.story

To blog about it would be to open myself up to complaints about me being "Insensitive". You see, my take on this story is from a decidedly parental point-of-view, and I have questions that are hard-edged and pointed...and they are not pointed at some stranger in a black Nissan. These questions involve a lack of parental supervision...of times like 3 am and age....questions about who's running the farm - the sheep or the farmer?

MY questions would be about the obviousness of the fact this could have been prevented by something called "bed time on a school night."

But I'm "insensitive", so I won't blog about it or ask these questions.

Peace.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I won't ask them either, since I'd go hard after the "mother" as well.

leelee said...

One has to blog about what one wants to, irregardless of the comments posted.

"Often times I agonize over the decision on what to blog about. "

Agonize really? You seem to be able to power through your decisions on what to blog.

That story is a sad and unfortunate example about what could happen to a "troubled" teen. Yes in hindsight I'll bet the mother wishes they never had an "argument" or she wishes she had physically prevented Megan from going out of the house in anger. OR at the very least, going after her when she did go out.

What a shameful and sorrowful accident. You can bet the Mom will be working differently with her other daughter.

Very sad..

JL4 said...

Karen,

WHAT !?!?!?

Are you saying the mom could be at fault???

My, my....you sure are "insensitive."

Leelee...it seems to me the only thing "Troubling" about this girl is the fact that one cannot choose their parents.

But then again, I'm insensitive...much like that Karen woman. ;-)

leelee said...

I'm not saying anyone is at fault. Hindsight is 20/20.

I just have a slightly different perspective on the whole tragic affair...sadly from personal experience.

Mayden' s Voyage said...

I told the story of what happened to this girl to my 12 yr old- and I asked her..."Who do you think is at fault first in this situation?"
My daughter said-

"Where was her mom and dad? And why didn't they make her stay home?"